On November 24th researchers, NGOs, activists and practitioners, come together to explore how we get people to discover and understand their city in order to ultimately recreate it. A sustainable city for and by the people who live there.
Here is the program for Nordic City Stories. Very welcome to participate in this online conference!
Moderator: Helle Søholt, founding partner and CEO Gehl
09.00-09.15: Welcome and introduction to the day
Marcus Horning, chairman Nordic City Network
09.15-09.45: Reflections on the project Nordic City Stories 2018-2020
Louise Vogel Kielgast, associate Gehl
09.45-10.00: Short break
10.00-11.00: Key notes on democracy, dialogue & participation in urban planning & development in the Nordics.
Reflections on power, democracy and scaling up regarding dialogue & participation in urban planning.
– Nazem Tahvilzadeh, researcher urban and regional studies, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
– Zakia Elvang, partner and democracy advisor, We do democracy
– Emma Terämä, expert adviser on urban policy topics, Ministry of Finance in Finland
– Marie Karlberg, senior advisor, department for Growth and Climate, Nordic Council of Ministers
11.15-11.30: Short break
11.30-12.15 Round table discussion on democracy, dialogue & participation in urban planning & development in the Nordics.
Reflections on power, democracy and scaling up in the everyday reality of Nordic municipalities.
– Paul Natorp, cofounder Sager der Samler
– Emil Sandström, urban planner, Umeå municipality
– Peder Baltzer Nielsen, city architect, Aalborg municipality
– Anu Hämäläinen, participation planner, Helsinki Urban Environment
– Lisbeth Iversen, Senior Advisor, Arendal municipality
12.15-12.30 Concluding remarks & Nordic cooperation 2021
– Kjell Nilsson, Nordregio
– Marcus Horning, Nordic City Network
– Patrik Faming, Nordic Council of Ministers task force on sustainable cities