On November 24th researchers, NGOs, activists and practitioners, come together to explore how we get people to discover and understand their city in order to ultimately recreate it. A sustainable city for and by the people who live there.
Here is the preliminary program for Nordic City Stories. Very welcome to participate in this online conference!
09.00-09.15: Welcome and introduction to the day
Moderator + chairman & manager Nordic City Network
09.15-09.45: Reflections on the project Nordic City Stories 2018-2020
Louise Vogel Kielgast, Gehl & Tyke Tykesson, NCN
09.45-10.00: Short break
10.00-11.00: Key notes on democracy, dialogue & participation in urban planning & development in the Nordics.
Reflections on three conclusions from Nordic City Stories regarding:
– Research: Nazem Tahvilzadeh (local/national perspective) (sv)
– NGO: we do democracy (international)
– Policy: ministry for urban development (no/dk)
– Policy: NMR (nordic)
11.15-11.30: Short break
11.30-12.15 Round table discussion on democracy, dialogue & participation in urban planning & development in the Nordics.
Reflections om power, democracy and Scaling up in the everyday reality of Nordic municipalities.
– NCN member cities
– Other Nordic cities (best practice)
12.15-12.30 Concluding remarks & Nordic cooperation 2021
– Representatives Nordic Council of Ministers task force on sustainable cities, Nordregio and Nordic City Network